Monday, June 16, 2008

I guess a month is long enough...

See? I TOLD you it was an occasional blog!


I don't have much to say, but I thought I owed you guys a blog.

First, It was great to see Dad and Peg at the station the other day! As Dad said, a company in my territory has adopted our station, and is remodeling a large portion of the living area. The company is Czarnowski Enterprises, and their business is setting up and handling special events for corporate clients (like Coca Cola). Their main function is exposition services - that is designing, setting up and taking down booths for their clients at trade shows. Frequently, the show is a once-a-year event, and the client wants a new and different booth each year. So, Coca Cola might have tables, chairs, video displays etc. in their booth, and at the end of the show, they just tell Czarnowski to get rid of it! Czarnowski began asking clients if they could keep the stuff instead of throwing it away, and they use it to fix up firestations all over the country!! That is their corporate charity... fire stations!

They came into our station because their office/warehouse is just down the street. They were about to go to New Orleans and refurb 16 stations that were still damaged from Katrina. They came to ask us what we as firefighters would like and would not like in our station. They took one look at our station, and told us that they'd be back after they went to New Orleans! They have treated us like kings... something we are not used to, thats for sure. Everything we ask for, we get - even offhand comments are quickly fulfilled as if they were wishes! It's getting embarrassing!

The second Item is that I've been riding the motorcycle - a lot. It's a blast!

Third... a two parter. First, Jason and I agreed that the Bronco needed a better name than O.J., and taking into account that it is completely Bad to the Bone, we decided that "Truck Norris" was the perfect name.

Truck Norris doesn't climb hills... He beats them into submission!

Anyway, I'm afraid that Truck Norris has too big of an appetite. 12.5 MPG just ain't gonna cut it at $4 a gallon. So, after I get back into town I'm going to look into trading him in on something a little less like Chuck Norris and a little more like ... Mini Me.

I have wanted a truck for years, and as soon as I got one gas goes through the roof! Oh well.

Last on the list... they are talking about moving Officers around again, which means that I might get transferred to another station in July. I'll believe it when I see it, but it's a cause for concern. I'll keep you posted.

Stay safe, and Be careful!
ME

32 comments:

Big Jim said...

ifadjI enjoyed the visit to the firehouse also. Glad you are able to blog. If you want to carpool, don't forget we have that bicycle built for two. (LOL).
Love.

Mike 2e said...

I feel your pain on the gas thing. I'm driving to Savannah on Saturday and I can only imagin the gas prices I will see in I16.

Peggie said...

Great blog, Tom. You opened the door to your next blog too....you mentioned "When I get back in town..." Where are you going? Work or play??? Just a thought...

I had a great time at your fire station. I know it's pretty old, but the work those guys are doing makes it feel VERY new. Maybe you should keep the door of communication open to them and (if) you get transferred you can invite them over for a visit to see what they think of your NEW digs!!! ;)

Thanks for coming by while I was in town. It was great to see you and the kids. Love to your family....Love ya!!

Katie said...

Glad to hear from you! I love the name "Truck Norris"... It's a shame you'll have to trade him in. I understand the pain, though... My little car is costing a small fortune right now, so I can only imagine how a bigger vehicle would feel to fill up. Keep us posted! Love ya!

JP2E said...

It is a shame to loose a really good truck (and yes I also LOVE the name!!!)
Maybe you should look into a "superchip" or"Bullydog" controller. I get better mileage and the selective switch lets you go to high torque or performance mode if you need them. Call me and we will talk.
Drop by and show off your bike when you get a chance...

CShore said...

I feel your pain on the truck front. I love mine and the only issue I have with it is the 15-16 MPG I get in it. We have 1 guy on our department who lives in the city, and he actually able to ride his bicycle to and from work. I've often wondered if the cut in pay I would get moving to the Columbia FD would be offset by the gas savings! It's about 45 miles 1 way for me these days.

Glad to hear your station got fixed up, that is a pretty cool thing that company does. I am trying to arrange a way down there before the end of the month, but with gas prices right now and the fact we traveled last weekend it may be tough.

I'm also excited to hear that your bike is treating you so well. Enjoy it! Talk to you later.

Bill T said...

You can look for Truck Norris Jr. I had a 2002 Ranger Edge. 22 miles to the gallon. It looked like a 4x4 but was not. It you get a Ranger I have a camper shell cheep

Sue said...

Well, the Fire station makeover sound very nice. What a terrific company to do so much good with what they have.
I hope you find the best vehicle for your needs. Be careful on the bike! We love you and your great family.

JP2E said...

Hey Tom! You better BLOG again soon or the same thing could happen to you as happened to Mike. I know you don't want to open this one day and see 50 plus mindless comments. Just a warning...

JP2E said...

Earth to Tom, come in Tom...

Bill T said...

your breaking up the band Yoko.

Bill T said...

You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out....

JP2E said...

Space.
The final frontier.
These are the empty spaces of "TOM'S BLOG"...

Sue said...

Tom, Tom, are you out there in cyber space? Perhaps you are in an alternate universe.

Bill T said...

1 Potato, 2 Potato, 3 potato, 4....

JP2E said...

...No two BLOG's are the same, your BLOG mileage may vary, do not attempt to recreate this at home, filmed on a closed track with a professional driver, always wear a helmet, do not operate BLOG after drinking or taking perscription drugs, member FDIC...

Bill T said...

On this date in history Wilbur Boltinelli invented the Phuglehorn.

JP2E said...

...And now for something completely different...

Bill T said...

"Its Tatooed on the back of his neck"

JP2E said...

...add a cup of chopped onions, nicely cooked, and then let the whole pot simmer on low for about thirty minutes...

Bill T said...

Boomdiadda, Boomdiadda,Boomdiadda, Boomdiadda. I Love the blog sight, I love when brothers try...

Bill T said...

Thats Banannas - And Banannas is good.

JP2E said...

..."COPS" is filmed on location with the cooperation of law enforcement.
Tom's BLOG is now run without the help of an actual fire fighter...

Bill T said...

I'm just looking for the trunup truck you think I fdell off.

Sue said...

I saw some Fireman shaking their booties in the music video GOOD TIMES with Alan Jackson. Was one of those guys TOM! That was some line dancing.

JP2E said...

I'M BILLY MAYS!!
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO GET RID OF NASTY STAINS?
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO GET YOUR BROTHER TO BLOG?
TRY KABOOM...

Bill T said...

I'm Tim Timmers, Me and my wife love to travel.....

JP2E said...

...I'm Tom Bodette, and we'll keep the light on for you...

Bill T said...

And boy does it catch fish

JP2E said...

...Don't make me stop this car!!...

Bill T said...

You can choose to stop receiving “prescreened” offers of credit from this and other companies by
calling toll free 1-888-567-8688. See PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE on other side for more
information about prescreened offers.

JP2E said...

...Slowly I turned, step by step, closer and closer...