This is the view as seen from Two Tops:
After Two Top, we ate lunch and headed for Lion Head Mountain. Along the way, we stopped and "played" in the snow. The snow in the meadows is 3 to 5 feet deep, and if you find some unspoiled powder, you can have a lot of fun. If you drive the machine into the wrong place, or stop in the wrong place, you get stuck, and have to be helped out of your predicament. The saying is "if you don't get stuck in the snow, your not doing it right". well, I guess I am doing it right. I was very adventurous and got stuck 5 or 6 times. Everyone else got stuck too - some more, some less. The guide was incredible - riding his sled right across the same area I was waist deep in and helping get us unstuck.
wading through the waist deep (or deeper) snow is incredibly tiring, then pushing or pulling a stuck sled out of it's predicament was really a lot of work (and my chest feels like a mule kicked me from my little spill yesterday). So, we are a very tired bunch indeed.
We did about 120 miles today, so our total for the three days is about 360 miles. No wonder I'm so tired and sore...
Tomorrow morning we head home. Fly out of Bozeman at 10:00 or so on a turboprop, connect in Denver for the flight home to ATL. I'll be sleeping for most of that!
Maybe a bit tomorrow about the flight if there is anything interesting to say...
satay safe and BE CAREFUL!
ME
6 comments:
Quite an adventure. Glad you are having so much fun. Keep blogging. Love.
sounds great. Great memories, and good adventures.
Sounds like TONS of fun!!! Wish I was there. I love the snow and miss playing in it. Glad you're having a memorable time. You deserve it!!! Stay safe.
Love ya!!
Sounds like TONS of fun!! Thanks for sharing with us! Have a safe trip home! Love ya! :)
What a great trip! I have only visited Yellowstone in spring/summer. Sounds like a winter visit would be fantastic. Looking forward to seeing you when you get back so we can talk some more about the trip...
Well, the photos show a winter wonderland. It sounds like you are having the time of your life. Enjoy the moment!
Post a Comment