Jason has been sick for the past 2 days. We are not sure what is going on, but he is very congested, has a nagging cough and his throat is very sore. It is probably just a cold, but what has me worried is the congestion. He had an episode today where he could not breathe well, and it really scared him. I was there, and calmed him down until he could breath again. Please pray for him to get better.
Ok, now on with the results of the great captains' bid of March 2009.
I'll start out by saying that I bid for and won the captain spot at Station 16 on the B shift. For those of you that I haven't spoken to yet, that does not mean much, I know but lets just say that I had a list of the top 4 stations that I thought I would bid on and Station 16 was not on the list. The reason it was not on the list was simple.... because I never even thought that there was the slightest chance that I could get that spot!
Station 16 is one station north of my current station (17), and we share a large portion of our territories. We compete to be first-in on calls, fight fire together, back each other up. In short, Station 16 is very much like 17. And, since we work together regularly, I know the crew at 16's already! They are a tight crew that has been together for several years. It has an engine and a Tiller Truck, just like 17's, so I am still a Truck Captain.
The best part is this: all those Captains who have been complaining for 3 years that I did not "deserve" to be a truck Captain on a busy Truck can't say a thing. If they wanted this assignment, they should have come and bid for it. Unlike my assignment to station 17, there is no ambiguity about this one... This is my spot, no ifs ands or buts.
I decided to link to both stations on Google Maps.
Here is Station 17, where I am now.
Here is Station 16, Where I will be soon.
And here is a map showing how close they are to each other.
The street view of Station17 is kinda cool, because it was taken while the Air truck was parkedd out in front of the station.
For some weird reason, the street view of Station 16 shows the station from the side on flowers road. if you want to, you can work your way around front in street view.
Alright, that's about it for now,
Be careful,
ME
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Good blog. All the best on your new assignment. I know having the post on a permanent basis is very satisfying. When you get settled in, I'll come for a visit, if that is OK with you.
Love.
Great job Tom. You need to put up a "Home Sweet Home" Sign.
I am so happy for you!!! It looks like you'll be part of a neighborhood at this station. That's always a nice feeling too.
I hope Jason is feeling better soon. I know how tough it is to have a sick kiddo!!
Give my love to the family....
Love ya!!
Keep us posted on Jason. I will definitely keep him in my prayers and I will put him on the prayer list at the LDS temple where hundreds will pray for him for two weeks.
Don't forget to show a photo of Sarah and her new glasses.
CONGRATS!! Isn't it great to no longer be "homeless"?!?! :)
Keep us posted on Jason, too. Maddy had her first cold this past week, and she's still getting over it. It's no fun to have a sick kiddo.
Love ya! :)
Congrats on getting the station you (sort of) wanted. I'm glad to know that it will be similar to where you were @ 17's. Besides, we both know that the crew makes the station, and it's always good to be the king (haha!). Hope Jason gets to feeling better soon, that crud is going around here too. Take care and keep us posted.
Post a Comment