Sunday, March 8, 2009

Is this thing on.....?

Hey folks.
I promised Dad I would Blog this weekend, so here goes:

Tonya and the kids are doing well. The big news is that Sarah went to the eye doctor, and has had to get glasses! I will post a picture soon, but let me just say that the glasses she chose are adorable, and she looks downright cute in them.

Tonya has taken a second job. She already worked at a preschool 4 days a week for a total of about 18 hours a week. My pay with the city has been cut about 18% since July, and my part-time work at Road Atlanta had quit entirely. so, Tonya went to the daycare where Jessa works and asked if she could be an on-call substitute to cover when someone called in sick or whatever. The owner begged her to come to work there every afternoon! With the shape of our finances, she agreed.

The good news is that starting the last week of February, Road Atlanta has picked back up. March and April are just as busy as they were last year. That's a big load off my mind.

As I posted last time (hey!... just over a month ago... I'm gettin down right chatty!) D-day for the moving of my truck is approaching. Things are changing day by day, but here's what I know for now. Tomorrow (Monday the 9th), I go to the bid conference. I will either have to bid on a spot, or be placed wherever the administration sees fit. Unfortunately, the place that they see fit looks like it may well be the airport. They need someone to head-up the Haz-mat unit there.

Since I do NOT want to be sentenced to the airport for another stint, I will need to bid on something. I really don't know what will be available when they get to my name, but I figure that I'll take the best thing available. One possibility is that my haz-mat and rope training might put me at the top of the list for station 1. For those who don't remember, this was the station where I started my career. It is right down the street from Phillips arena. It would be almost as good as station 17. It would be a great thing if I could pull that off! I give my chances about 60-40 in my favor.

If not station 1, I will just have to see what is available, and pick the best from that lot. Either way, I plan on making the best out of whatever I get. I will, after all, be the guy in charge. Whatever crew I get is in for a good time! I figure that we, as a crew, can make work fun or we can make it miserable - and my plan is fun.

I will be here tomorrow afternoon to let you know where I end up.

Be Careful.....
ME

4 comments:

JP2E said...

Lemons to lemonade; You have the right attitude and your crew will always rspond to that.
Can't wait to see the new "specs", post a photo soon. Keep on BLOGging, thats how we stay in touch...

Big Jim said...

Good blog at kast. lots of luck with the bidding. Let us know the outcome.
Love.

Katie said...

You've got me on the edge of my seat!! I can't wait to hear the outcome! Good luck, and I'm sure that whatever happens will be GREAT!! I always remind myself that everything happens for a reason, so even if you get "stuck" at the airport, there's a reason... Just keep up the good attitude!! Love ya!! :)

Peggie said...

So glad to hear from you again!! Sounds like things are just rocking along for you guys, just like the rest of us. I know you think your life is boring and nobody cares, but hey....we do!! I blog about silly things like dents and snowflakes....it's just a reaching out kinda thing....

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Love ya!!